Monday, February 28, 2011

Funny Comments by Sean

I have to brag on my husband - just a little bit - not too much cause he will get a big head but a little.

He has done an amazing job taking care of me this past week. With a broken ankle I'm pretty much out on all household duties - cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. In our normal world Sean typically does most of the cooking while I stick to the cleaning. It's a pretty good system and we've grown quite found of it. (I'm actually working really hard to suppress my OCD cleaning tendencies until I'm back on both feet)

Now that I am down to the use of one leg Sean has taken over all duties plus his school studies, going to class and taking and picking me up from the train. He also leads our community group and takes meals to a family that is currently facing some tough times once a week. To say the kid is a superstar would be an understatement.

By the time I get home from work I'm completely exhausted - (please see below for my awesome knee scooter that I am currently riding around the city. I know I look ridiculous but the thing is a life saver and gives everybody in my office a good laugh. Also please note that I now have to use the handicap lift on and off the metra to get to work - I feel like I'm living in a completely different world). Once home from work I have a new routine of walking in the door and falling into our green comfy chair and resting my leg for the rest of the evening. Sean then lovingly cooks dinner, serves me and cleans the dishes. He also helps me in and out of our shower since we don't have a bathtub and it takes a pretty scary hop to get into the shower.

He really is just the greatest but I also have to share his funny comments. For those of you who know our relationship Sean and I are big jokers, are rarely serious with each other and are full of sarcasm. These characteristics aren't for everyone but they work for us. So below are some funny comments that my husband has made since I've broken my ankle. Please don't take them the wrong way but understand that a huge part of our relationship is humor.

Comment 1: (Sean walking out the door to night class)
"Okay, so don't fall or anything because I'm not going to answer my phone while I'm in class."

Comment 2:
Me: "I'm so thankful for everything you've been doing lately, I will be able to help out as soon as my ankle is better"
Sean: "I know, when you're better I'm not doing anything for a month - seriously I may even leave the toilet seat up for kicks"

Comment 3: (Sean riding my knee scooter throughout the house)
"I just did a 90 degree turn on this thing - Mik you really don't have to keep all 3 wheels on the ground all the time"

Comment 4: (texting)
Me: "I'm good - mom helped me get in the shower earlier which was much needed"
Sean: "Yea you did stink"

Comment 5:
Sean now refers to me as "Scoot" or "Scooter" - a lovely nickname that will probably be around for a while. I receive several texts throughout the day that say "Hey scoot, how's it going?"

Comment 6: (texting last Tuesday which wasn't my greatest day)
Me: "I'm okay, had a melt down earlier but I'm okay now."
Sean: "Happens to the best of us. I threw coffee on Cathy (my mom) when I got home because I was so emotional"

There have been several other funny comments from Mr. DeWitt this past week but I'll leave those between us for now. I'm very thankful that God has blessed me with such a selfless and funny husband. As my wonderful Grandmother told me this past weekend "Y'all did a good days work finding each other" - just makes me smile thinking about this. I pray our life would be filled with many more opportunities where we can show Christ's selfless love to one another - (hopefully we are done with the broken bones though). It really has to be Him working through us otherwise we'd never be able to do this on our own. It hasn't been easy the entire time but through the difficulty we've learned to turn to God and seek his Spirit.

Hope y'all enjoy the awesome pictures of my permanent cast and knee scooter below!




















Also Sean believes that the knee scooter should have a name so if you have some creative ideas let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love that you posted Sean's comments. Hilarious. They really made me miss him. obviously i miss you but now I miss him. Praying for you friend and that we can come and visit SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete