Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Very Fun Weekend

I can't believe it is already Sunday night but Sean and I had such a fun and relaxing weekend.

The week was kind of a whirlwind - he got home Tuesday morning at 6:30 after traveling for about 24 hours. I was so happy to have him home - we got to catch up for about 30 min and then I had to head to work. We spent the rest of the week just catching up and listening to each others stories. I'll have to post some pictures later from his adventure in Alaska, it was such a cool trip! Work was good this week, really busy but good. I'm always learning something new and taking on more responsibility. I'm very blessed to have this job and it is great to be able to walk around Chicago in the summer time, it's been in the 70s here and feels amazing outside. And now that Sean is finally home I've been catching up on some much needed sleep. One of the downfalls of him being out of town is that I do not sleep well or at all. I had been getting 3-4 hours of sleep each night and now that he is home I've been sleeping like a baby! (Even sleep in till 11:00 on Saturday and I haven't done that in a long time)

This is the shirt Sean brought me back from Alaska, to say it's tacky is an understatement. I guess this is true love. I can already tell he is going to try to wear this somewhere.

Friday Night -
We went to our favorite Italian restaurant in Naperville, La Sorella. We had an amazing meal and I got to hear more fishing and bear stories from Alaska. After the movie we walked around downtown for a while and then headed to the movie theater to see The Help. I loved the book, honestly couldn't put it down and have been so excited for the movie. I really enjoyed the movie, they definitely changed some things from the book but overall very good. I did think that some of the southern accents could have used a little work. Some characters sounded very authentic where others sounded very forced. I think when you are from the south you know what real accents sound like. Sean even said he enjoyed the movie as well which is big because it didn't have any super hero characters or fast car chases.


Saturday we (really just me) slept in till 11, it was glorious. After that Sean and I headed to downtown Wheaton for a run/walk. He ran, I did a walk/run combo (which is really more walking than anything). The trails have been great to get my ankle use to running again because they are made up of crushed lime stone and it's very soft to run on. We got done with our run just in time because a huge thunderstorm moved thru the area. Below is pic I took when we were done, there is a really cool bride that overlooks the train tracks and you can see part of the clouds moving in.


After our run we went to Target for groceries. I even managed not to get distracted in the clothes section and just stuck to our list. Sean describes me as a bit of a wanderer when we go to Target - I've tried explaining that is part of the Target experience is just to wander around the store until you find something that catches your eye. Luckily for him we stayed on task. We did end up purchasing the new Skinny Girl Sangria which is pretty tasty.

Sunday we went to church and then headed to Trader Joes to buy stuff for Sean's yummy red beans and rice dinner. The kid can cook - this is definitely one of my favorite meals that he makes, especially in the winter when it's freezing out.



Sean is currently getting back into school mode which makes me a little sad that it's already starting up. I'm always so proud of how much he studies and how much dedication he has but I also know that means there will be a lot of time spent writing papers, reading, etc. I can be a little bit of a distraction to his work sometimes but overall I try not to pester him too much when he is studying.

Sean working on one of his professor's syllabus
(Side note - he is not wearing capris just has his sweats pulled up)


A fun find of the weekend was the below picture of me and Miss Lily. I found this picture in an old planner. This was the first time we met. Melts my heart to think of how little she use to be and how big she is getting. My sister says she changes everyday and I hate missing out on all of it but I know we will always be close no matter how far a part we are.





Hope everyone had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment