Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where's Your Heart Tonight?

It's a simple question. Where's your heart tonight? What's consuming you? What are you dwelling on?

For me it's an easy answer. I'm beyond nervous about my new job. I only have 2 days left at my current job before starting my new job in the city. The nerves started setting in this past Monday and have been pretty constant. My head is swimming with worries, doubts, fears, insecurity. What if I show up and have absolutely no idea how to do anything? What if I don't connect with anyone? What if I don't like it? What if I've made a mistake leaving my current job?

I'm trying to keep my head focused but it's honestly been a challenge not to let the fears overwhelm me.

I'm not the type of person who gets nervous frequently but when I do...let's just say I'm a bit of a mess. I like to be in control and I like to know exactly how to do whatever task I'm suppose to do. And when I feel like I may not know how to do everything perfectly that is expected of me I don't handle it well : ) According to my mother I have always been like this, so at least I'm consistent!

So for tonight this is what I am trying to focus on:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me,or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. " - Philippians 4:4-9

I love this verse because it's not just a suggestion or recommendation but it's a command "Do not be anxious about anything..." We are not to worry about what tomorrow may bring but have faith that God is sovereign and faithful to those who fear Him. He hears our prayers and is faithful to answer them. He is near to us and His peace will console our weak hearts. I have faith that the Lord has brought me to this new job according to His perfect will. & "...Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I'm so thankful that we serve such a mighty and loving God, I'm so glad my life is about Him and not about me. So thankful for all His many blessings.

Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It's funny to me how different everyone's life path is but how our emotions and reactions are the same. One of my favorite images during hard time is God hiding my in the cleft of The Rock. Of course, I have to be willing to let Him hide me there, but when I do, what sweet relief! Love you and I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog---you are in inspiration to others and please know we love you all and are praying for you. When you walk through the door to that new office reach your hand out and grab the Lord's hand--HE will be right there with you and will be with all of us forever and ever! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete